Tuesday 2 August 2011

Eek, was that me?

Okay, I'll own up, it was...sort of.

You know that feeling when you've had a bit too much to drink the night before, and you wake up and think "Oh, god, did that really happen?" Well, I've had a moment a little reminiscent of that.

Firstly, the seizure doesn't appear to have done me any harm, although after posting that really quite incoherent blog I did go very out of it for a while, and then slept for over an hour.

Now that I'm sensible again (well, as sensible as I'm ever likely to be) I have wondered what on earth possessed me to lie there, on my side, with the netbook propped open against a pillow, and type my thoughts as I had a bad aura which subsequently turned into an eyes-rolling-limbs-spasming seizure, during which there was a moment where my chest locked up and I couldn't seem to breathe. I can only put it down to the fact that I was more than half out of my mind at the time, and having gone upstairs to lie down, finding the netbook lying in the middle of the bed was all the encouragement I needed. I must remember to stop leaving it anywhere I might find it while having a crazy moment.

Anyway, apologies to anyone I might have freaked out, and to any readers I have already scared off. I'll try not to post something so scatty again. Although, in the cold light of day, it does strike me as a good example of how weird a seizure or aura can make you feel.If you ever see anyone wandering around muttering to themselves, or staggering along like they're about to fall down, please don't automatically assume they've had too much to drink (unless it's closing time, of course!). They could be having a seizure. I'm not saying to go up to people on the street and accost them, but if you see someone clearly acting in a strange way and they look confused and vulnerable, it could be that they need medical help, not shuffling away from. I've had several occasions where I've ended up staggering along a path like I'm falling down drunk when actually I've been about to have a seizure.

No comments:

Post a Comment