Saturday 10 September 2011

Darn.

Well, I lasted two days this time. (There is hope yet, yes?) No seizures yesterday or the day before. I did have a couple of auras, but they didn't develop into anything, and while I would normally count them, things are bad enough at the moment that auras have slipped off the radar. I'll count them more when I don't have the beggars  three or four times a day. I'd spend my life writing them down otherwise!

 I did have a weird occurrence this morning though. I almost fainted - collapsed in fact, but didn't black out. it was over almost as soon as it started, but I honestly have no idea what it was. It didn't feel much like a seizure, but then, what else could it be? I was very tired though, and had a lot of trouble getting to sleep last night. It could have been that I guess.

The tiredness is also probably what caused the seizure I had this afternoon. O had just thrown a whopper of a tantrum and I had successfully calmed him down by carrying him up to his room (hooray, it worked for once!). We were just discussing colour, and how it all works - there was a great deal of oversimplification and anthropomorphising on my part, but whatever it takes, right? Anyway. Sidetracking. I felt crap, and sent him down to W while I went and weirded out on the bed for a while.

I also made the mock-up of my skirt today. Now I just need to come up with some sort of waistband, take it in at the appropriate points, and cut out the actual material. Hooray! Still, with only 28 days do go, I should blooming well hope I am making progress.

...Still more worried about having a seizure and ruining the day for W than about the actual wedding itself. I guess we'll see, won't we. At the end of the day, there's nothing much I can do about it either way. I just keep on taking my tablets, noting the seizures when they happen, and hopefully the neurologist can offer me some hope in  a week or so when I (finally) have my appointment. <insert deadpan laugh here>

No comments:

Post a Comment