Tuesday, 28 June 2011

The cluster continues...

Let's start on a positive note. Today, my son had a brand new experience, which he was quite pleased with, and happily told his grandparents about. He also painted a lovely picture at our local parent and toddler group, of a dinosaur.

Unfortunately, the new experience was sitting in an ambulance -which had been called for me, I hasten to add - and in all the chaos following that, I managed to forget to take the picture home with me (that's not the end of the world, as I can pick it up another day, but still).

Today's seizure was annoying because of where it happened and how it came on. I didn't realise what was going on until it was too late and couldn't tell anyone, and because of that, being in a public place, people were obligated to call an ambulance.

I was "out" for about seven minutes in all, plus or minus a minute or so because people didn't realise what was happening at first and I'm going on their accounts. So, not good, but hardly the worst I've experienced either. By the time the paramedics arrived I was sitting up and consoling M, who was quite upset at being taken away from me for a while. (O, by the way, was more concerned with the fact that he was missing "song time" and that I wasn't singing The Grand Old Duke of York with him. He regards my seizures much as I do - a bleeding nuisance.)

This afternoon I possibly had another, minor seizure - that or I was so worn out I fell asleep. Sometimes it's hard for me to tell. I went up to bed for a lie down and came to a while later aware that time had passed without me, but I'm not sure what actually occurred. That sort of thing happens more often than you'd think. On the one hand, I was tired enough that "You fell asleep, idiot," is the most likely explanation, but on the other hand, I'd been feeling rather aura-ish when I laid down, so who knows.

In other, better (I suppose), news, I got a phone call today to arrange my gall bladder removal. On the 9th July. So, you know, I got that 3/4 weeks noticed they promised me then. I have a pre-assessment appointment on Friday where I expect they will tell me what the removal of an organ will mean for me, and how many tiny scars I shall have afterwards. (Thank goodness it's keyhole surgery!)

It's caused a bit of a fluster, but I guess at least it will all be over sooner rather than later. Now I just need to make sure I'll be able to get to the hospital and back. Fingers crossed, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment